Renault has announced today the launch of the Renault Twingo Walkman limited edition, developed in collaboration with Sony, that will be sold in only 2,500 units. The exterior styling of the Renault Twingo Walkman includes a sport front bumper, black headlamp masks and a tailgate badge.
The car’s exterior has received special features such as a sport front bumper, black headlamp masks and a “Walkman Limited Edition” badge, mounted on the tailgate. Its body can come dressed in one of the five available colors, which include the gloss finish Glacier White and the optional metallic Dyna Red, Pearlescent Black, Platine Grey and Cajou (this is a new color).
At the interior, the Renault Twingo Walkman is fitted with a Sony 4x52W radio-CD (with MP3 playback and Bluetooth connectivity). The car is being sold together with a free Walkman audio/video MP3 player.
Only 2,500 units of the car will be built, with pricing starting at 10,850 euro. Order books have been opened in France on April 7 and the sale is scheduled to debut at the end of the month in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Portugal.
· Renault and Sony have joined forces to produce Twingo Walkman Limited
Edition, an affordable version of the feisty, practical and connected city car
aimed especially at music fans.
· Features include a sport front bumper and black headlamp masks, plus ‘Walkman
Limited Edition’ badging on the tailgate.
· Music takes pride of place thanks to Twingo Walkman Limited Edition’s specific
audio package comprising a Sony 4×52W radio-CD (with MP3 playback and Bluetooth
connectivity), plus a free Walkman audio/video MP3
player that will allow occupants to listen to their favourite music both on the
move and out of the car.
· Prices start from €10,850 in France and equipment includes foglamps, climate
control, electric windows and electric defrosting exterior mirrors, representing
a saving to the customer of 6.3 per cent.
· With production restricted to just 2,500 cars, Twingo Walkman Limited Edition
will be available in France, Belgium, Luxemburg and Portugal. Order books opened
in France on April 7.
A LIMITED EDITION TWINGO FOR MUSIC LOVERS
Renault and Sony have joined forces to introduce the exciting Twingo Walkman
Limited Edition, a special version of the feisty, practical and connected city
car that has been thought through especially for music fans.
It was in the 1980s that the Sony-invented Walkman revolutionized music
enjoyment by making it possible to listen to one’s favourite music anytime,
anywhere. In the 30 years that have elapsed since, more than 300 million
Walkmans have been sold, while the term Walkman itself has become both a
benchmark and a household name. Reintroduced by Sony in 2005 for Sony Ericsson
cell phones, the Walkman name continues to enjoy an exceptional reputation among
music fans of all generations.
Twingo – the feisty, practical and connected city car – lends itself
perfectly as the basis for a limited edition car which places the emphasis on
listening pleasure. Thanks to its Sony Bluetooth radio-CD audio system and
Walkman MP3 player, Twingo Walkman Limited Edition is all about the enjoyment of
music, both on the move and out of the car.
On the move listening: a Sony MEX BT3800 Bluetooth radio-CD MP3 audio system
The CD player of this audio system is compatible with MP3, WMA and AAC files.
Thanks to its front panel-mounted USB and jack sockets, its outstanding
connectivity means that music stored on any type of portable device or USB key
can be played.
That said, there is no need for a physical connection, since the Bluetooth
and audio streaming functions permit wireless playback of music stored on cell
· The Bluetooth hands-free telephone kit allows calls to made and taken, and
address books consulted in total safety.
· The free Walkman MP3 can be connected via the USB or auxiliary socket, while
the Quick-Browser function permits easy, intuitive scrolling through tracks
stored on MP3 devices and USB keys.
· Audio streaming provides instant, wireless access to favourite music stored on
Bluetooth cell phones.
Free NWZE443B audio/video Walkman MP3 :
When travelling to the office, using public transport or out for a run,
little will better listening to one’s favourite music on this small, unobtrusive
MP3 player which tips the scales at just 50g and which is less than 1cm thick.
The two-inch colour screen of the NWZE443B Walkman MP3 is capable of displaying
both photos and videos. Battery life is 30 hours, while its 4GB memory enables
up to 1,600 songs (60 hours of music) or up to 14 hours of video to be stored.
Last but not least, it is equipped with an FM tuner and a voice recording
Twingo Walkman Limited Edition’s unmistakeable personality is expressed by
its sport front bumper and black headlamp masks, while the tailgate features
specific ‘Walkman Limited Edition’ badging. The car’s attractive equipment
specification includes climate control, electric windows, electric exterior
mirrors and foglamps, which together represent a saving to the customer of 6.3
With production restricted to 2,500 cars, Twingo Walkman Limited Edition is
due to go on sale at the end of April in France, Belgium, Luxemburg and
Portugal. Order books opened in France on April 7, and prices start from
Twingo Walkman Limited Edition comes with either the 1.2 16V LEV engine or
the dCi 65 powerplant. It consequently qualifies for the Renault eco² signature
and benefits from the €500 eco-bonus available under the scheme currently run in
PRICES AND ENGINES (French market))
Price-list reference: 2180-06 (April 7, 2010)
1.2 16V LEV 75
Tax-paid price €10,850 €12,550
CO2 emissions 114g/km 113g/km
eco-bonus or ecosurcharge
eco-bonus: €500 eco-bonus: €500
EQUIPMENT (French market)) (en France)
Twingo Walkman Limited Edition*=
· Sport bumper incorporating foglamps
· Black headlamp masks
· ‘Walkman Limited edition’ rear badging
· Dark Maco trim and upholstery
· Sony MEX-BT3800 Bluetooth radio-CD MP3
· NWZE443B Walkman audio/video MP3
· Manual climate control
· Electric windows
· Body-colour electric exterior mirrors
· Power steering
· Height-adjustable steering wheel
· Folding rear benchseat
* Based on Authentique equipment level
CHOICE OF BODY COLOURS (French market)
Twingo Walkman Limited Edition is available in a choice of five body colours:
Four metallic body colours (option: €410): Dyna Red, Pearlescent Black,
Platine Grey and Cajou (new)
One non-metallic body colour: Glacier White
SONY AUDIO EQUIPMENT
- Sony MEX-BT3800 Bluetooth radio-CD MP3:
• Peak power: 4×52W / two preamp outputs and one subwoofer output
· MP3/WMA/AAC compatibility
· Bluetooth wireless technology (HFP/AVRCP) for safe telephone calls
· Audio streaming function for wireless access to music stored on any personal
Bluetooth phone or MP3 device.
· Quick-BrowZer technology for easy, intuitive scrolling through musical content
stored on a personal MP3 device
· Front panel-mounted jack/USB connectivity
· iPod (via USB) and iPhone connectivity
· iPod/iPhone passenger control mode
· Zappin technology for automatic playback of parts of tracks to aid selection
· Sony remote control
- Walkman MP3 E-series NWZE443B
This Walkman MP3 delivers audio and video playback of outstanding quality
thanks to the different technologies it packs. The Clear Audio technologies –
Clear Stereo and Clear Bass – function together to reproduce an exceptionally
pure, high-quality sound that is true to the original recording. The Dynamic
Normaliser function balances the volume of the different tracks to ensure an
even more enjoyable listening experience. Battery life is 30 hours.
· 5cm (2-inch) LCD screen and FM tuner
· Memory capacity: 4GB (up to 1,600 songs, or 14 hours of video)
· Incorporates Clear Stereo and Clear Bass technologies for clearer quality and
an even greater listening experience
· Alarm and timer functions
· Voice recording function and FM tuner
· Battery life: 30 hours of audio, six hours of video