In celebration of the April 26 world premiere of Iron Man 2 in Los Angeles, Audi of America, Inc. announced that it is launching a social media competition called “The Tony Stark Innovation Challenge” in support of its prominent presence in the film.
This is actually a social media competition which asks for the competitors to submit an up to two-minute video that displays their ideas for better living through the use of technology. The winner of the Audi Tony Stark Innovation Challenge will receive a 15,000 USD prize to fund the idea.
Tony Stark is forgoing weapons manufacturing and adopting a new business philosophy. As part of his latest venture, Tony has joined forces with the Stark Expo and Audi to challenge you to submit ideas for "Better Living through Technology."
Tony Stark will be seen throughout Iron Man 2 in his Audi R8 Spyder, the new soft top convertible version of the R8 super car which was featured in the first Iron Man. In addition to the R8 Spyder, the A8 sedan will also be showcased in the film.
- Contest calls for ideas for “living better through technology”
- Winner receives $15,000 to help fund their idea and a tech-lovers’
- Social media program to support the Audi Iron Man 2 integration
HERNDON, Va., Apr 27, 2010 - In celebration of the April 26 world
premiere of Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment’s Iron Man 2 in Los
Angeles, Audi of America, Inc., announced that it is launching a social
media competition called “Stark Expo & Audi Present: The Tony Stark
Innovation Challenge” in support of its prominent presence in the film,
which releases on May 7. Beginning April 28, consumers can submit up to
two-minute videos that showcase their ideas for better living through the
use of technology, just as Tony Stark did with the Stark Expo. Participants
then must rally members of their Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social
media networks to rate, comment, and discuss their ideas. Full contest
information and rules are available at www.TonyStarkInnovationChallenge.com.
“Achieving progress through technology is the message behind Iron Man 2,
and this idea is fundamental to Audi,” said Scott Keogh, Chief Marketing
Officer, Audi of America. “The partnership in Iron Man 2 celebrates our
shared focus on innovation, and this contest allows anyone with a great idea
to not just express it, but potentially make a true difference within their
“The Tony Stark Innovation Challenge” mirrors Tony Stark’s desire to take
Stark Industries in a new direction, using his vast intellect and resources
to eradicate problems through technology. Submissions will be judged by Audi
on their ability to:
• Make the world a better place by solving a problem or improving an
• Articulate and demonstrate expertise of the “better living through
• Have a scalability and adaptability to potentially change the way we live
• Showcase innovation, adventures, and intelligence worthy of Audi and Tony
• Appeal to the general audience as viewer ratings will help determine top
The winner will receive:
• $15,000 in funding to develop their concept
• Their experience documented and featured on www.audiusa.com
• A four-day trip for two to California including air transportation, hotel
• Transportation in the latest innovation from Audi, the 2011 A8
• Spa treatments, tailored cocktail attire, and grooming to perfect their
• A tour of Audi Design Center in Santa Monica
• A VIP day with the ICON Aircraft team, joining them in flight and water
testing of the innovative ICON A5 aircraft (one of Tony Stark’s toys)
• A day at the Audi Sports Car Experience to drive Tony Stark’s favorite
car, the Audi R8 on a racetrack
Audi will also be lending its support to the film through activities
including a month-long late night TV and national cable campaign and an
online presence on Fandango.com and Movies.com. The brand is also unveilng
an all-new Audi Iron Man ad that will run in cinemas in the month leading up
to the film release. Additionally, Audi is sponsoring the re-launch of
Marvel.com that will include a digital comic book featuring the R8 Spyder.
Tony Stark will be seen throughout Iron Man 2 in his Audi R8 Spyder, the
new soft top convertible version of the R8 super car which was featured in
the first Iron Man. In addition to the R8 Spyder, the A8 sedan will also be
showcased in the film.
The video submission period starts April 28, 2010 and ends June 9, 2010.
The voting period starts April 28, 2010 and ends June 13, 2010. Approved
submissions will be posted to the site within 48 hours. Users can rate video
submissions once per day, for the length of the contest participation period
on a scale from one to five. Final ratings will be calculated toward the
final score of each entry and will help determine the grand prize winner.
Finalists will be selected shortly after the submissions end. Clearance,
notifications and interviews will take place between June 17, 2010 and June
25, 1010, and the winner will be announced the week of June 28, 2010. Prizes
will be redeemed in August 2010. Submissions are only accepted in English
and from residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C. who are 18 and over and who
possess a valid driver’s license.