Skoda has announced that the new Fabia vRS range will be officially launched in the UK on Thursday 29 July 2010, with prices and specification having already been confirmed.
The new vRS is the fastest production Fabia ever built, and builds on its predecessor’s reputation for high performance, low running costs and remarkable value for money.
Maximum power is 132 kW (178 bhp / 180 PS) at 6,200rpm and peak torque is 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) between 2,000rpm and 4,500rpm. The engine is mated to a 7-speed DSG gearbox which helps it accelerate from 0 - 62mph in 7.3 seconds for both the hatch and the estate. Average fuel consumption comes to 45.6 mpg-UK (6.2l / 100km).
The car comes with a 7-speed DSG transmission, with ESP, HHC (Hill Hold Control) and XDS (Electronic Differential System). Acceleration from 0-62mph takes just 7.3 secs, with a top speed of 139mph (140mph for the estate). It also features 17-inch ‘Gigaro’ alloy wheels, LED daylight running lights, sunset glass and vRS body kit.
The Fabia vRS will also sip fuel at the rate of 6.1 litres/100kms and comes with an XDS electronic differential for extra cornering grip.
The new Skoda Fabia vRS will be available for £15,700 for the hatch and £16,495 for the estate version.
NEW ŠKODA FABIA vRS LAUNCHES IN THE UK
- On sale in the UK from 29 July
- Estate version available for the first time
- 1.4-litre TSI turbo and supercharged to give 180bhp
- Seven-speed DSG gearbox with paddleshift as standard
- XDS electronic differential boosts cornering grip
- 0-62mph in 7.3 seconds, combined fuel economy of 45.6mpg
The fantastic new Fabia vRS will be officially launched in the UK on Thursday 29 July 2010, and prices and specification have been confirmed.
The new vRS is the fastest production Fabia ever built, and builds on its predecessor's reputation for high performance, low running costs and remarkable value for money.
Available as a hatch and estate, the vRS is powered by the fantastic 1.4 TSI 180bhp engine in tandem with a 7-speed DSG transmission, with ESP, HHC (Hill Hold Control) and XDS (Electronic Differential System). Acceleration from 0-62mph takes just 7.3 secs, with a top speed of 139mph (140mph for the estate).
The new vRS features stylish 17-inch ‘Gigaro' alloy wheels, LED daylight running lights, sunset glass and vRS body kit giving it a very sporty appearance. Customers can also choose an optional white or black roof with a range of body colours, including the new Rallye Green, inspired by the Škoda Fabia S2000 rally car.
Inside, the vRS boasts figure-hugging vRS sports seats, a three-spoke multi-function steering wheel with radio controls and paddles for changing gear and MDI (Multi-Device Interface) for use with iPods and other mp3 players.
Overall, the vRS offers fantastic value for money, particularly when compared to the competition. Where else can you find a 180bhp engine with DSG, paddles, LED lights and loads of standard kit for £15,700 for the hatch and £16,495 for the estate version?
|Hatch||Gearbox||CO2||VED Band||Recommended OTR|
|Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI 180bhp DSG||7spd||148||F||£15,700|
|Estate||Gearbox||CO2||VED Band||Recommended OTR|
|Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI 180bhp DSG||7spd||148||F||£16,495|
- 17" alloy wheels "GIGARO" 7J x 17"
- 3-spoke multi-function leather sports steering wheel w/ paddles & controls for radio
- Alarm with tilt sensor
- Driver, passenger, side and curtain airbags
- Electric front windowsESP (incl ABS, MSR and ASR)+HHC+TPM+XDS (ESP with Hill Hold Control, Tyre Pressure
- Monitor and Electonically Controlled Differential)
- Height adjustable driver's and passenger seat
- ISOFIX in outer rear seats
- LED daylight running lights
- Manual air conditioning
- Maxi-dot trip computer
- MDI (Multi-device interface and cable for connecting MP3 players)
- adio ‘Swing' 2DIN CD and 8 speakers (can play MP3 recordings)
- Rear chrome double exhaust pipe
- Rear spoiler (painted in body colour or roof colour)
- Remote central locking
- Small leather pack (handbrake, gearknob and gaiter)
- Sport seats with vRS logo
- Sports suspension
- Stainless steel pedals and vRS logo on kickplates
- Sunset glass (from the B-pillar back)
|Fabia vRS Hatch |
1.4 TSI 180bhp DSG
|Fabia vRS Estate |
1.4 TSI 180bhp DSG
|Standard Euro emissions||EUV|
|Engine and drive train|
|Fuel delivery||Direct injection|
|Number of gears||7|
|0 to 62 mph (secs)||7.3||7.3|
|Engine power (bhp/rpm)||180/6,200||180/6,200|
|Engine torque (Nm)||250/2,000-4,500||250/2,000-4,500|
|Top speed (mph)||139||140|
|EC urban (mpg)||36.7|
|EC extra-urban (mpg)||54.3|
|EC combined (mpg)||45.6|
|Tyre size front/rear||205/40 R17 84W||205/40 R17 84W|
|Weight and capacities|
|Gross vehicle weight||1,718||1,713|
|Luggage capacity (seats down)||1,163||1,460|
|Luggage capacity (seats up)||300||480|
|Max loading weight||400||400|
|Max roof load||75||75|
|Max towing weight – braked||-||-|
|Max towing weight – unbraked||-||-|
Fabia vRS will be available in a range of colours with optional black or white roofs. Estate is not available with a coloured roof.
|Black roof||White roof|
|Rallye Green Metallic||?||?|
|Race Blue Metallic||-||?|
|Black Magic Pearl Effect||-||?|
|Brilliant Silver Metallic||?||-|