Renault has big plans for the Russian market. the 2011 Renault Latitude was introduced at the Moscow International Motor Show.
The saloon car which has a length 4,887mm long, 1,832mm wide, 1,483mm tall with a wheelbase of 2.760mm. It’s 195mm longer, 19mm wider and 45mm taller than the Laguna five-door liftback. According to Renault, the boot compartment can hold 477-liters, or 511 liters without the spare wheel.
Under the hood, several different engines will be avalible. Petrol choices include a 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 102 kW (139 PS / 137 hp) and a 2.5-liter V6 with 130 kW (177 PS / 174 hp). On the diesel side, there's a 2.0-liter dCi with 127 kW (173 PS / 170 hp) and a V6 dCi with 177 kW (240 PS / 237 hp).
The interior has features that include a triple-zone automatic climate control system, a dual-mode air ionizer, as well as a high-end on-board technical equipment. There are two color options: a dark gray interior with dark leather or a dark beige interior with beige leather.
Lada will be the first of the three carmakers to produce its vans and estate cars using the production line. In addition the Renault-Nissan Alliance and AvtoVaz united their quality and supplier development teams in March 2010. The joint team is working on making quality improvements to the Russian supplier base.
RENAULT GIVES LATITUDE ITS WORLD PREMIER AT THE MOSCOW MOTOR SHOW AND ANNOUNCES LOCAL PRODUCTION OF THREE MODELS: DUSTER, MÉGANE HATCHBACK AND FLUENCE
Renault is introducing Latitude for the first time at the Moscow International Motor Show. Renault is also launching the following new models to the Russian market: Duster, the new automatic Logan, Sandero and Sandero Stepway (complete knock down, CKD), as well as Fluence sedan and Mégane hatchback (semi-knock down, SKD). These vehicles will be produced locally from 2010-2011.
Renault is one of the key players in the Russian automobile industry. Since 2005, in partnership with the Government of Moscow (Avtoframos), it has successfully developed its production facilities in the country. In 2008 Renault became the strategic partner of AvtoVAZ. The alliance between Renault-Nissan and AvtoVAZ plans to capture 40% of the Russian market by 2015.
Renault has ranked as the number-four brand in Russia since April 2010. Its market share has risen to 5.3%, with 50,801 cars sold in the first seven months of this year. Logan has held onto its position as Russia's top-selling foreign car.
THE RENAULT LATITUDE: THE WORLD OF BUSINESS CLASS
Renault is giving a world premier of its new business class sedan in Moscow. This elegant car combines nicely balanced proportions, with classic design, and spaciousness. This car appeals to people who appreciate superior quality materials and comfort in all its forms. The sedan embodies the best technical advances in terms of reliability and efficiency, and is destined to become the flagship model of Renault's range of cars. The car goes on sale in Russia in Autumn 2010, and will then be released in another 50 countries around the world.
THREE NEW MODELS FOR LOCAL PRODUCTION IN 2011: FLUENCE, MÉGANE AND
Renault is expanding its range of models produced locally:
- Semi knock down (SKD) production of Fluence and Mégane hatchbacks will be launched in the Moscow Renault plant in the first half of 2011.
- Complete knock down production (CKD) of Renault Duster will appear in Russia towards the end of 2011.
The local production of these models allows Renault to offer competitively priced cars that are manufactured with the specific needs of the Russian market in mind.not only in the Entry segment, but also in C and SUV categories.
It is worth noting that the elegant Fluence sedan went on sale on the Russian market in April of this year. Customers appreciated this car for its size, characteristics and position between C and D-segment. The Mégane hatchback has been sold in Russia since May this year, expanding Renault's C-segment offer.
Renault Duster is a reliable, safe, comfortable, easy to drive, and affordable 4x4. It is built on the B0 platform (Logan platform) known for its durability and reliability. Economical to run and affordable, this genuine 4x4 is an unrivalled offer in the automobile market and it will definitely be a success in Russia. . Russian versions of Duster including interior design, equipment and engines, will be made up specially for Russia according to the tastes and demandes of Russian customers
RENAULT FLUENCE Z.E. CONCEPT: FUTURE ELECTRIC CAR FROM RENAULT
Renault is presenting Fluence Z.E. Concept, the high-tech, attractive, spacious, electric family car developed with the aim of creating a long-awaited affordable vehicle with zero CO2 emissions. Fluence Z.E. Concept is a precursor to the Fluence electric car, which will have a range of up to 160 km, and zero CO2 emissions.
A BRAND THAT MAKES "PEOPLE'S CARS"
Renault is so popular in Russia first and foremost thanks to its star models, Logan and Sandero, which are both prime examples of an unrivalled balance between price and quality. Renault Logan is the best-selling foreign car in Russia. Renault Sandero has already sold in large numbers since its launch in Russia in March 2010, It is largely thanks to these two models that Renault has reached the 4th place in car sales in the Russian market. Both models target the budget (category), which occupies one third of the Russian car market, and more than 80% of Renault sales in Russia. More than 290,000 people have bought a Logan since its release in 2005. More than 9,000 Sanderos have been sold since their release in March 2010.
Renault will expand its offering to the Russian market in September 2010, where the proportion of automatic cars represents 32%, with the long-awaited release of the Logan and Sandero automatic models.
Renault has released an unprecedented number of new models onto the Russian market this year:
- Six new models have debuted in the first 6 months alone: the updated Logan and new Sandero urban hatchback are the company's best offerings in the budget range. The category C range has also been completely updated: the elegant Fluence sedan, the new Megane and the compact Scenic, as well as the Megane Coupe all went on sale at the end of last year. And for fans of "hot hatchbacks", the new Renault Clio Sport has been available since June.
- - Renault is continuing to update its entire range during the second half of this year, with the immediate release of two new commercial models: the new Kangoo has just gone on sale, and the new Trafic will be available in Russia this fall. Not forgetting of course, the most eagerly awaited of all Renault's new releases, the Latitude business class sedan, which will soon be the flagship model of the company's new vehicle range.
- Renault has 120 official points of sales throughout Russia.
RUSSIA – A KEY MARKET FOR RENAULT
Russia is a strategic market for Renault and the Renault-Nissan alliance. Together the Renault-Nissan alliance and AvtoVaz plan to capture 40% of the Russian market by 2015.
With three production sites in Russia, the partnership will have an overall production capacity of 1.3 million cars in 2012: the Moscow Renault plant (production capacity 160,000 cars per year), the Nissan plant in St Petersburg (50 000 cars per year) and AvtoVaz' production facility in Togliatti (1,1 million cars per year).
The partners are currently implementing a production system for the Alliance in the Togliatti plant and a joint production line for the manufacture of cars based on the B0 (Logan) platform, with a capacity of 350 000 vehicles per year. Each of the three brands will produce models of their car range on this production line.
Lada will be the first of the three carmakers to produce its vans and estate cars using the production line. In addition the Renault-Nissan Alliance and AvtoVas united their quality and supplier development teams in March 2010. The joint team is working on making quality improvements to the Russian supplier base.
The qualitative and quantitative development of suppliers in Russia, a country where local production is key to success, will be advantageous to all the partners. The goal for all three companies is to have 74% of components manufactured locally for the joint production line.
RENAULT LATITUDE: THE WORLD OF BUSINESS CLASS CARS
Renault is giving the world premier to its new status oriented sedan in Moscow. This elegant car combines nicely balanced proportions, with classic design, generous exterior dimensions, roominess as well a large boot compartment. This sedan embodies the best technical advances in terms of reliability and efficiency, and is destined to become the flagship model of Renault's range of cars. Renault Latitude is for people who appreciate superior quality materials and comfort in every aspect of a car. The car goes on sale in Russia in Autumn 2010, and will be released in another 50 countries around the world.
The large dimensions of Renault Latitude make it a solid car: · Length – 4,887mm; width – 1,832mm; height – 1,483mm; wheelbase – 2,762mm; · Boot capacity 477litres; · This car's elbow room is one of the best in its category – 1,460mm in the front, 1,440mm in the back, the radius of free space around knee level is 251mm.
· The 2/3 – 1/3 split folding rear seats are both spacious and comfortable; There are many storage compartments including the generously proportioned 9.6 litre glove compartment which is illuminated and cooled whilst the compartment next to the main console has a capacity of 2.4 litres.
Innovative comfort technologies*:
- · The driver's seat has a massager with four different settings
- · The triple-zone automatic climate control system allows the driver and each of the passengers to achieve just the right temperature
- · This is the only car in its class to have an air quality control management system: it has a dualmode air ioniser with double fragrance diffuser – a first in the D-segment
- · A hands free electronic key card that controls the central locking, ignition, and automatically locks the car when located over a certain distance away
- · Turning bi-xenon headlights
- · A wide range of audio systems including "3D Sound by Arkamys®", as well as the first class "Bose® Premium" system with digital audio connector.
- · A new satellite navigation system the Carminat TomTom® (available the beginning of 2011), as well as rear-view camera and automatic parking brake. The pleasure from driving the vehicle and its superior handling on the road is a result of the powerful and efficient power trains and optimum suspension setup:· A dynamic and efficient two-litre petrol M4R engine with a continuous variable transmission (CVT). Or a powerful six-litre VQ25 2.5 litre engine with a 6-speed automatic AJ0 transmission.
- · The efficient chassis with independent multi-link rear suspension, plays a huge role in the comfortable handling of the car;
- · The precise handling, gives the car a high level of stability, and the driver feeling of complete control of the car
The build quality and features of this model are designed for the most demanding customer:
- · The most up-to-date active and passive safety features of the car were developed using Renault's unique experience in this area: anti-lock and emergency braking systems come as standard, the car also includes Electronic Stability Control, 8 airbags with a two-tier system of lateral sensors, seat belt retractors with integrated load limiters, a cruise control system and turning bi-xenon headlights.
- · The reliability, safety and durability of the car are based on the joint technologies and technical achievements of the Renault-Nissan Alliance: the cars are put through extensive road testing and trials in extreme conditions to guarantee the highest standards of quality, which is of the utmost importance in countries with difficult road conditions. Not forgetting the highly valued manufacturing experience of the Busan plant where the Renault Koleos is already being manufactured.
THE RENAULT LATITUDE: BIG ON THE OUTSIDE, BIG ON THE
With such generous external dimensions (Length – 4,887mm; width – 1,832mm; height – 1,483mm), Latitude easily falls into the category of large status oriented sedan. The car looks both solid and elegant. Its silhouette is harmonious: the wheelbase stretches 2.762 metres, and the front and rear overhangs are 1.025 metres and 1.101 metres respectively. The dual system of intelligent adaptive bi-xenon headlights harmoniously compliment the contours of the chrome grill. The boot compartment is one of the best in the category: 477 litres (511 litres without the spare wheel). The rear LED lights harmonize perfectly with the chrome rear strip which bears the letters of the new model's name: Renault Latitude.
The sheer size of the optional electric panoramic sunroof make it stand out from others in the category.
Thanks to the well thought out body and trim materials, Renault Latitude conveys a sense of reliability and quality that you can feel. The "Air" instruments panel is based on the original construction of the central console, and blends in perfectly with rest of the instruments. The vehicle and onboard comfort controls are all within easy reach: all are located around the steering wheel and central console. The interior features; chromed door handles, dial rims, and gear stick, all emphasizing the car's status as a business class sedan. Special attention should be paid to the décor and trim around the seats, which bring variety to the interior of the car depending on the model. Customers can either choose between a dark gray interior with dark leather, and a dark beige interior with beige leather. Both are aesthetically pleasing and comfortable.
FOR LONG JOURNEYS
Renault Latitude was developed using the combined expertise of Renault and Nissan. The comfortable and silent driving experience, precise handling chassis, and the high tech engine give it the decisive edge over its rivals. The Latitude inherited the front part of the chassis from the Renault Laguna, which is well known for its excellent handling, whilst the rear multi-link suspension from Nissan provides an unrivalled level of comfort. These features actively dampen bumps and other irregularities in the road, remove vibrations, thereby smoothing the whole car driving experience, and making it equal to the best cars in its class.
In Russia Renault Latitude will come with a choice of power plants. With superb 2.5 litre V6 generating 130 kW (177 hp) of power at 6000 rpm, combined with a 6-speed (AJ0) automatic transmission, it delivers a torque of 233 Nm at 4400 rpm and can accelerate quickly and easily reaching a top speed of 209 km/h. Fuel consumption is 9.7 litres per 100km.
The other option is the popular M4R engine with a 2.0 litre capacity which provides 102 kW (139 hp) of power at 6000 rpm. Along with the excellent continuous variable transmission CVT, this engine is both versatile and efficient. This versions can silently and easily achieve a torque of 191 Nm at 4400 rpm. This engine is exceptionally reliable and economical. Under normal operating conditions the vehicle only consumes 8.3 litres of fuel per 100km.
Renault Latitude will propose a wide range of engines and 6-speed manual and automatic gearboxes which clients in different countries will be able to choose from .Diesel engines will be provides by Renault. The most performing and noiseless is the 2.0 dCi (M9R) that provides 110 and 127 kW (150 and 175 hp). For some markets there will be available the top of the range engine - V6 dCi (V9X) of 177 kW (240 hp). The same power will be provided by the petrol engine V6 3.5 L (V4Y).
AIR QUALITY AND PREMIUM CLASS COMFORT
Based on the same architecture as the new SM5, which was recently launched in the Korean market, Renault Latitude benefits extensively from the joint developments and expertise of Renault, Nissan and Renault Samsung Motors. The comfort and acoustics of the interior have become the subject of much attention. The driver has a whole array of functions that are as useful as they are original.
Renault Latitude is one of the first D-segment car to include a massager in the driver's seat, and the new triple-zone automatic climate control system. The ultra comfortable driver's seat contains pneumatic massaging rollers, with four operating modes: constant, intermittent, soft and firm. The precise motions of the flexible pneumatic rollers on the spine have a relaxing effect during long journeys or long periods of time stuck in traffic.
The vehicle also features a unique interior air quality control management system. The triple-zone automatic climate control system allows the driver and each of the passengers to individually regulate the temperature inside the vehicle. The system which is based on the "best in class" system used in the Laguna, is also capable of controlling the composition and characteristics of the air in the car. As well as a combined coal filter, which prevents dust and unpleasant smells from entering the vehicle, Renault Latitude features a dual-mode air ioniser. It not only emits healthy negatively charged ions, but purifies the air by removing allergens and harmful bacteria. The driver and passenger can also take advantage of the double fragrance diffuser to fill the car with a pleasant aroma. Refill cartridges may be obtained from any Renault dealership.
ALL THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS
Renault Latitude features all the newest on-board technical equipment capable of a multitude of functions. For example, each model has a Bluetooth® connection as standard. The following audio systems will be available depending on model:
- · Even the base Latitude model will include a 3D Sound audio system by Arkamys®, and with six speakers it's like your own personal concert hall. It also includes a CD and MP3 player, as well as a 3.5mm "jack" and Bluetooth®.
- · The top of the range Latitude features an extra two speakers and the "Plug & Music" system, which facilitates the connection of most external media players, including iPod;
- · The exclusive Bose® Sound System is available as an additional extra. It provides perfect sound production in the cabin, includes 10 speakers (including the central channel and subwoofer) and also a multi-channel amplifier with equaliser.
All audio controls are located on the central console and the steering-wheel, while the informations are shown on the dashboard displays.
The Renault Latitude comes with a Carminat TomTom® satellite navigation system which is completely integrated into the onboard systems, and its accuracy and quick response time are a marked improvement on other navigation systems. This satnav will include such features as "IQ Routes"® (statistical route optimization), "Advanced Lane Guidance" ® (visual junction display) and "Mapshare" ® (proprietary map improvement technology). This satnav will be available in Russia from the beginning of 2011 and will be supplied with an integrated automatic parking brake and rear view camera.
The Renault Latitude has all the various types of equipment needed to make driving the car easier and more comfortable: the next generation hands-free key card, front and rear parking sensors, cruise control, ESP, and directional bi-xenon headlights.
QUALITY AND SAFETY ARE "IN THE GENES"
In terms of quality and reliability Renault Latitude features components designed by the Alliance and assembled according to its standards. The vehicle thus benefits from the excellent results achieved by Renault in these areas. The Renault Samsung Technical Center (RSTC) at Giheung, near Seoul, has taken charge of the project on the basis of elements pre-determined by Renault.
Teams from Renault Samsung Motors have worked closely with Renault's and Nissan's teams on all aspects of production of Renault Latitude, from validation and design to development and manufacture. Renault Samsung Motors has been market leader in South Korea for eight years running. Quality of design and build is part of the company's DNA and is widely acclaimed by customers. Constant emphasis is placed on service quality, not only at point of sale but throughout the vehicle's life.
Safety has always been the first priority in the development of this car. There is a whole range of modern safety features: ABS, emergency brake assist, electronic brake distribution, Electronic Stability Control ESC, as well as the passive safety features: 8 adaptive airbags, passenger and driver restraint and load limiter seat belts. The Renault Latitude has the same two-tier side impact sensors and dual chamber airbags as the Renault Laguna.
THE LATITUDE AT ALL LATITUDES
The Renault Latitude is the embodiment of the international Renault Company. Developed in France and South Korea and incorporating elements of the platform from Renault and Nissan, this automobile incorporates all the best achievements in terms of technology, the fields of aerodynamics, safety, comfort and quality.
Renault Latitude is manufactured in South Corea in the Busan Renault-Samsung-Motors plant. This production site is respectful of the environment and is certified ISO 14 001 This site has great experience in the production of cars of higher automotive segments. Today together with Renault Latitude the Busan factory produces Renault-Samsung-Motors models SM3, SM5, SM7, QM5 and Renault Koléos.
The car will make its first public appearance at the Moscow Motor Show, and will go on sale at the end of September 2010 in Morocco and Algeria, then in Russia and Ukraine and in Africa.
The European version will be unveiled at the Paris Motor Show.