The 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible is getting ready to make its world debut at the 2010 L.A. Auto Show. The car features a CarbonAero body kit like the previous HPE700 coupe, which includes a front splitter, a rear diffuser and revised side skirts, ), a painted hockey stick side strip, and 20″ alloy wheels fitted with Pirelli P-Zero tires...
Power comes from a Corvette ZR1-sourced LS9 engine which has been outfitted with cold air induction system, upgraded pulleys, and high-flow fuel injectors. Thanks to these modifications, the 6.2-liter V8 produces 755 hp (563 kW / 765 PS) and 763 lb-ft (1,033 Nm) of torque - an increase of 117 hp (87 kW / 119 PS) and 159 lb-ft (215 Nm). This enables the coupe (convertible figures are still pending) to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and run the quarter mile in 10.9 seconds at 130 mph.
The cars are fitted with a KW adjustable coil-over suspension, larger stabilizer bars, HPE rims, Pirelli P Zero performance tires, Brembo brakes with six-piston front calipers, stainless-steel tube headers, a blue-painted hockey stripe, Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and a carbon-fiber aero body kit.
The 2011 HPE700 LS9 Camaro will be limited to just 24 units, with no set allocation between coupe and convertible. Pricing for the complete HPE700 upgrade, including the base vehicle, is $ 132,500 and can be ordered directly through HPE or one of Hennessey’s authorized Chevrolet dealers in the US.
The 755HP 2011 HPE700 LS9 Camaro
Limited Edition: Only 24 to be Built for 2011 Model Year
Now Available in Hardtop and Convertible
755 bhp @ 6,400 rpm
763 lb-ft Torque @ 3,200 rpm
- 0 - 60 mph: 3.3 sec*
- 1/4 mile: 10.9 @ 130 mph*
- Skidpad: 1.01 g
- 60 - 0 mph braking: 104 ft.
Camaro HPE700 Package Includes:
- Base 2011 Camaro SS with 6-speed Manual Transmission (convertible or hardtop)
- LS9 6.2L Supercharged Engine with Intercooler
- HPE Cold Air Induction
- Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
- High-Flow Fuel Injectors
- Fuel System Upgrade
- Intercooler System Upgrade
- CarbonAeroTM Bodywork: Front Splitter, Rear Bumper Diffuser & Side Rocker Panels
- Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers
- HPE Extreme Duty Clutch & Flywheel Upgrade
- HPE Race Shift Knob and Short Throw Shifter Upgrade
- HPE Light Weight Alloy Wheels
- 20 x 11 inch (rear); 20 x 9.5 inch (front)
- Pirelli P-Zero Tires, 275/35-YR20 (front); 305/35-YR20 (rear)
- Brembo Front Brake Upgrade: 6-Piston Calipers with Light Weight 15 inch Cross-Drilled Rotors
- Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade: 4-Piston Calipers with 15 inch Light Weight Rotors
- KW / HPE Variant 3 Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension Upgrade
- KW / HPE Front & Rear Sway Bar Upgrades
- Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripe with LS9 logo
- Hennessey Embroidered Head Rests & Floor Mats
- Limited Edition HPE700 Dash Plaque & Hood Plaque
- HPE700 & Hennessey Logos Painted on Rear Deck Lid
- Hennessey Letter of Authenticity
- HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park - a 1/4 mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey's 30,000 square foot production facility