The 2011 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Speedster by Eagle will be debut at 2011 Salon Privé, the luxury supercar and Concours d’Elegance, taking place at Syon House in west London on 22nd-24th June, 2011.
Powered by a 4.7L 6-cylinder engine making 310-hp with a maximum torque of 340 lb-ft at 3,600 rpm. Mated to a 5-speed gearbox, the E-Type Speedster Lightweight goes from 0 to 60 mph in under 5 seconds with a top speed of 160 mph.
The engine is connected to five-speed manual transmission, which enables the roadster to accelerate from 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds. Besides, it can hit a top speed of 160 mph (258 km/h).
The E-Type Lightweight Speedster sports 16-inch tires on aluminum rims with stainless-steel spokes, drilled and vented brake discs with aluminum 4-pot calipers, double wishbones, adjustable shocks and stabilizer bars.
Jaguar E-Type Speedster
Eagle, makers of the exclusive Eagle E-Type, showcases the world's most exclusive hand built car - the E-Type Speedster Lightweight - an authentic Jaguar E-Type from the 1960s reworked with more muscular styling, fresh classic detailing, and the performance of a contemporary supercar.
This outstanding car makes its public debut at 2011 Salon Privé, the luxury supercar and Concours d'Elegance, taking place at Syon House in west London on 22nd-24th June, 2011.
Henry Pearman, the founder of Eagle, says of the new Speedster Lightweight: "The elements in this remarkable alchemy are an original Jaguar E-Type, thirty years of dedicated experience, and the absolute cream of our widely acclaimed engineering developments and upgrades."
Eagle has a global reputation as an E-Type specialist, and offers an unparalleled collection of magnificent E-Types for sale, ranging from the earliest original specification dealer launch examples through to fully developed cars.
Beneath the Speedster Lightweight's jaw-droppingly beautiful body, every component has been thoughtfully and skilfully reworked, improved and often lightened resulting in a handmade automotive masterpiece with a weight of just 1000kg. The technical tour de force is the original Lightweight E-Type based aluminium 4.7 litre fuel injected engine and aluminium drive train. While retaining an external appearance identical to the original, they enable the car to offer a power- to- weight ratio matching that of the very latest Porsche 911 Turbo.
Jaguar E-Type Speedster Lightweight Specification
- Engine: 4.7 litre, aluminium in line 6 cylinder, longitudinal front mounted
- Cylinder head: Aluminium twin cam big valve.
- Max power: 310bhp @ 4800rpm
- Max Torque: 340lb ft @ 3600rpm
- Fuelling: Fuel injection with individual throttle bodies and ECU
- Transmission: Aluminium 5 speed gearbox, aluminium Power Lock differential
- Suspension: Independent wishbones, 6 high tech adjustable dampers, anti roll bars and rear radius arms
- Brakes: 315mm/280mm drilled and vented discs, Aluminium 4 pot calipers, servo assistance
- Steering: Rack and pinion
- Wheels: 6 x 16 front, 7.5 x 16 rear, aluminium rims with stainless steel spokes
- Tyres: 225/55 x 16 front, 245/55 x 16 rear
- Weight: 1008kg dry
- 0-60mph: under 5 seconds
- Top speed: 160mph plus
- Height: 1000mm
- Length: 4260mm
- Width: 1740mm