Infiniti has released pictures and details for the 2012 FX facelift, which will debut at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on August 18th.
This limited edition model gets a number of special features including an Iridium Blue exterior color, 21-inch alloys with a dark satin finish, tinted headlights and roof rail crossbars, aluminum pedal accents, a hard-drive based navigation system, blue piping on the floor mats, and Nissan’s Around View camera monitoring system.
Power for the 2012 Infiniti FX35 still comes from the 3.5 liter V6 making 303-hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. The 2012 Infiniti FX50 goes on with its wonderful 5.0 liter V8 making 390-hp and 369 lb-ft of torque.
Inside, all 2012 Infiniti FX models get revised instrument lighting and standard heated front seats. The quilted leather, climate-controlled seats from the FX35 Premium Package are now included as part of the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package, which means that buyers get more content for the same money.
Pricing doesn't change much for 2012, with the base FX35 starting at $43,450 and the FX50 at $59,350. The new Limited Edition FX35, which comes only with all-wheel drive, will go for $51,550. According to the automaker, "popularly equipped" models wear the same price tags in 2012 as they did in 2011.
How do you make a standout in class stand out even more? In the case of the iconic, class-defining Infiniti FX luxury performance crossover, add a fresh new front grille and fascia design for 2012 - featuring a heavy influence from the stunning Infiniti Essence Concept. The redesign comes in just the fourth year of the second-generation FX design and is accompanied by a number of other refinements - plus the addition of an all-new FX35 Limited Edition.
Based upon the FX35 All-Wheel Drive model, the Limited Edition features an available exclusive Iridium Blue exterior color, 21-inch 10-spoke aluminum-alloy graphite finish wheels with P265/45R21 V-rated all-season tires, dark tinted headlights with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) and auto-leveling, and dark tinted side air vents and lower door trim. Other Limited Edition features include aluminum roof rails and roof rail crossbars with graphite finish, aluminum pedals, graphite floor mats with unique blue piping, Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, Around View® Monitor (AVM) and much more.
Other 2012 Infiniti FX enhancements include a new exterior color, Graphite Shadow (replaces Platinum Graphite), a new 20-inch wheel design for the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package, and a shift of the quilted leather climate-controlled front seats to the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package from the Premium Package.
Continuing as one of the most aggressive expressions of sport and utility prowling the streets today, FX is again available with a choice of a 390-horsepower 5.0-liter 32-valve DOHC V8 engine with VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) or with a 303-horsepower 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 engine. Both engines are paired with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission featuring Adaptive Shift Control (ASC). Solid magnesium paddle shifters are available on the FX50.
The FX is also offered with Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (standard on FX50), double-wishbone front/multi-link rear suspension and large 4-wheel disc brakes, along with available Continuous Damping Control (CDC®), Rear Active Steer, and Intelligent Brake Assist.
Inside, the FX interior provides a warm, inviting environment, highlighted by a driver-oriented cockpit with intuitive controls, available sport seating and advanced audio, navigation and technology - ranging from a Bose? 11-speaker Premium Audio system to the Infiniti Intelligent Key, Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range) and Around View® Monitor system. For 2012, the meter illumination has been changed to white, rather than the previous orange accents.
The FX again offers an array of available advanced technology systems, including Distance Control Assist (DCA), Lane Departure Warning LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP), and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW).
The 2012 FX is offered in four models: FX50 AWD with 5.0-liter V8, FX35 AWD with 3.5-liter V6, FX35 RWD with 3.5-liter V6, and FX Limited Edition with 3.5-liter V6. Also offered is a range of special equipment packages, Premium Package, Deluxe Touring Package, Technology Package and Sport Package.
Highlights of the 2012 Infiniti FX include:
- Revised front grille and fascia design for 2012
- A fusion of luxury, performance and SUV utility, with short front and rear overhangs, aggressive stance and available 21-inch wheels and tires
- Revised 20-inch wheel design (FX35 Deluxe Touring Package)
- Polished, assertive styling, featuring a new grille design, double wave hood, strong front-to-rear shoulder line, integrated rear spoiler, power sliding moonroof
- Standard automatic on/off High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon headlights and integrated front fog lights; aerodynamically designed rear LED taillights
- Available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
- Distinctive functional side air vents, which reduce front end lift by five percent
- Lightweight aluminum-alloy hood and doors
- Standard power rear liftgate
- Chrome window moldings and door handles; available aluminum roof rails
- Power folding, heated outside mirrors with courtesy lights and available reverse tilt-down feature
- Speed-sensitive windshield wipers with aerodynamic flat blade wiper design, low-profile wiper arms; available rain-sensing function
- Dual outlet exhaust with chrome tailpipe finishers
- Offered in eight exterior colors: Graphite Shadow (new for 2012), Malbec Black, Umbria Twilight, Liquid Platinum, Black Obsidian, Midnight Mocha, Moonlight White and exclusive Iridium Blue (FX35 Limited Edition only)
- 0.35 coefficient of drag on FX35, 0.36 on FX50
- Front engine/rear-wheel drive (FX35 RWD) or all-wheel drive (FX50 AWD, FX35 AWD, FX Limited Edition)
- VK50VE 32-valve 5.0-liter DOHC V8 with advanced Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL) valve control technology, producing 390 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque (FX50)
- VQ35HR 24-valve 3.5-liter DOHC V6, producing 303-horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque (FX35)
- Refined 7-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with manual shift mode, Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and Downshift Rev Matching
- Available solid magnesium paddle shifters (FX50)
- Infiniti Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system (FX50 AWD, FX35 AWD)
- Snow-Mode function (shifts throttle input algorithm once activated by driver for enhanced traction in low-speed slippery road conditions)
- Built on Infiniti's FM (Front Mid-ship) platform, specially designed and configured for use on FX
- 4-wheel independent suspension with front double-wishbone and rear multi-link designs, extensive use of lightweight aluminum components, lightweight compact steel rear subframe
- Dual Flow PathTM shock absorbers with rebound springs
- Available Continuous Damping Control (CDC®) with driver-selectable "Auto" and "Sport" settings (FX50 Sport Package)
- Large diameter front and rear stabilizer bars
- Power-assisted twin-orifice vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering
- Available Rear Active Steer for increased responsiveness and handling (FX50 Sport Package)
- 4-wheel power-assisted vented brakes; 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS); Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD); Brake Assist (BA), available Preview Braking
- Aluminum-alloy 4-piston front/2-piston rear (opposed piston) calipers (FX50)
- Standard 18-inch split-5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 265/60R18 all-season tires (FX35)
- Standard 21-inch 6-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 265/45R21 all-season tires (FX50)
- Available 20-inch 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 265/50R20 all-season tires (FX35 Deluxe Touring Package)
- Available 21-inch 10-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 265/45R21 all-season tires (FX35 AWD Limited Edition)
- Cockpit-like styling with standard leather-appointed seating
- Available quilted leather-appointed seating (standard FX50, available FX35 Deluxe Touring Package)
- Personalized driver and passenger comfort zones with dual-zone front climate control HVAC system
- 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat including 2-way power lumbar support; available manual thigh support with power bolster adjustment (FX50 Sport Package)
- 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, available manual thigh support (FX50 Sport Package)
- Available dual-occupant memory system (standard FX50, available FX35 Premium Package)
- Standard heated front seats
- Available climate-controlled front seats (standard FX50, available FX35 Deluxe Touring Package)
- Three-spoke, perforated leather-wrapped, sport-style steering wheel with integrated cruise control and audio controls, available power tilt/telescopic feature (standard FX50, available FX35 Deluxe Touring Package)
- 60/40 split-folding and reclining rear seat
- Sequential Welcome Lighting illuminated entry system
- Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges with revised meter illumination
- 7.0-inch (FX35) or 8.0-inch WVGA (FX50) color information display
- Infiniti signature analog clock
- Standard black lacquer trim
- Available Maple interior accents
- Available aluminum pedal accents
- Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto-recirculation, Grape Polyphenol Filter and PlasmaclusterTM air purifier (FX50)
- Power windows with front one-touch auto-up/down with auto-reverse feature
- Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)
- Available Distance Control Assist (DCA)
- Bose 11-speaker Premium Audio system with single CD, mp3-CD playback, auxiliary input jacks, steering wheel audio controls and USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices
- XM Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
- Available Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information and XM NavWeatherTM with Real-Time Weather Information (requires active XM® subscription, sold separately), Zagat Survey® restaurant guide, Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®, and Voice Recognition system (standard FX50, available FX35 Premium Package)
- RearView Monitor
- Available innovative Around View® Monitor system with front, side and rear-mounted cameras, which provide a virtual 360-degree view of the vehicle to help when parking
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- Available tonneau cover (standard on FX50)
- Four 12-volt power points, dual front and rear cupholders, locking glove compartment
- Three available interior colors: Wheat, Graphite, Java
- Available Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning
- Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) systems
- Available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags and roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
- 3-point front seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters; ALR/ELR in all passenger seating positions (driver ELR only)
- Available Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts
- Seat belt reminder system (front)
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) system
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints
- Child safety rear door locks and power window lock-out button
- Zone Body Construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure display
- Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System and Vehicle Security System
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Available in four well-equipped models: FX50 AWD, FX Limited Edition, FX35 AWD and FX35 RWD
- Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. in Tochigi, Japan