To celebrate their 20th anniversary, Hennessey has announced plans to offer a limited edition HPE650 Camaro.
On the exterior, Hennessey’s exclusive CarbonAero front nose splitter and side sill rockers provide a clean aerodynamic enhancement to the Camaro’s sharp lines and stance. Other visual and material cues such as embroidered headrests, premium floor mats, carbon fiber door sill plates and limited edition numbered plaques also find their way on to each car.
According to Hennessey, the Camaro HPE650 will be powered by the same 6.2 liter supercharged V8 engine which is delivering 655 horsepower at 6.300 rpm, mated to a either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission. Hennessey also says that the limited edition can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and the quarter mile is finished in 11.7 seconds with a top speed of 122 mph.
Coupe models start at $79,500, while convertibles will command $84,500. Just 20 copies will be built, one for each year of Hennessey Performance’s existence, and each car will be affixed with a specialized, sequential serial number.
Hennessey 20th Anniversary HPE650 Supercharged Camaro
Black on Black 2012 Coupe or Convertible | Limited to 20 Examples
For 20 years Hennessey Performance has been making fast cars go faster. In celebration, the Hennessey 20th Anniversary Edition supercharged HPE650 Camaro is available in a limited run of just 20 examples. Available exclusively in a black on black paint scheme, with a choice of coupe or convertible, this 655 horsepower supercharged 2012 Camaro represents the power and styling that has defined HPE's distinctive brand of performance vehicles.
• 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
• Coupe or Convertible
• 6 Speed Manual or Automatic Transmission
• Black Exterior
• Black Leather Interior
• 0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds
• 1/4 mile: 11.7 @ 122 mph
• 655 bhp @ 6,300 rpm
The 20th Anniversary HPE650 Camaro Includes:
• TVS2300 Supercharger System (Black or Chrome)
• HPE Air Induction System
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• HPE650 Camshaft Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
• High Flow Catalytic Converters
• Stainless Steel Mid-Pipes
• High Flow Fuel Injector Upgrade
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Lowered Coilover Supsension System (1 inch)
• CarbonAero Front Splitter and Side Skirts
• Hennessey Monoblock Wheels (Chrome or Silver Finish)
• Hennessey HPE650 Exterior Badging
• Hennessey 20th Anniversary Edition - Serial Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey 20th Anniversary Edition Floor Mats
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• HPE Modified Engine Cover
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty